Thursday, October 11, 2007

Genocide??!! Not Here of Course!

Oh U.S. foreign policy, how you slay me.

Members of the U.S. congressional House Foreign Affairs Committee decided in a "non-binding" 21 to 27 vote to label the mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks post 1915 as genocide.

Bush, however is hoping the House of Representatives will be a little more lenient in the usage of such terms because of the fear that Turkey will pull out of the "war on terror".

I mean, I'm sure the White House would be okay with it after we eliminate terror everywhere.

Or at least abroad...I mean, bad things only happen abroad, and when I say abroad clearly I mean outside of the U.S. and what we declare as Europe.

I mean slavery, forced sterilization of women of color, and the active elimination of Native Americans isn't genocide per se, just house cleaning, right Mr. President?



No comments: